Best Free Web Hosting Services Review 2019
Best Free Web Hosting Services Review 2019: Compare Web Hosting Featuress
- 1 Best Free Web Hosting Services Review 2019: Compare Web Hosting Featuress
- 2 The 3 best free web hosting services in 2019
- 3 The best free web hosting services in 2019 that we have reviewed …
- 4 About our free web hosting opinion process
- 5 Why uptime and load time are important
- 6 Is free hosting an option for you?
- 7 When the free hosting might not be right for you
- 8 Why is hosting free?
- 9 How is a website hosted in a free hosting?
- 10 Create your easy website with a free hosting
- 11 Can I get free hosting with PHP?
- 11.1 PHP requirements for the most popular applications
- 11.2 Free hosting with PHP: Possible problems
- 11.3 Time to load the site with free hosting PHP: Slow as a lazy?
- 11.4 Database permissions: on the scarce side
- 11.5 Can I customize the php.ini file?
- 11.6 Pros and Cons of free web hosting for PHP scripts
To date, we have followed more than 9 free web hosting providers in a period of a little over 2 months.
It includes many ‘popular’ hosts, such as 000WebHost, AwardSpace, X10Hosting and ByetHost.
This is what we did to find the best free hosting:
- We checked in more than 9 free web hosts.
- We set up the website from scratch (with WordPress).
- We deal with customer support.
- We began to monitor your activity time and speed (since May 2018).
- Opinions published (we accept reviews from other users).
The 3 best free web hosting services in 2019
HERE IS A LIST OF THE 3 BEST WEB ACCOMMODATIONS BY TIME OF ACTIVITY, TIME OF CHARGE, CHARACTERISTICS AND SUPPORT:
1. Byethost: The best free hosting
Load time: 428ms (1st in speed) Uptime
: 99.99% (1st in uptime)
SSL free: Yes
PHP version: 7.0
One of the most popular free web hosting, with more than 10 years of experience offering web hosting services and more than one million customers.
Read why we rate Byethost # 1 in our reviews
2. LucusHost: Free hosting in Spanish
Charging time: 1100ms
Activity time: 99.99% (2nd in uptime)
SSL free: Yes
PHP version: 7.0
Support: Ticket, Phone and Email
It is a free Spanish hosting, what characterizes them most is their quality of service.
Read why we rate LucusHost # 2 in our reviews
3. AwardSpace: a good option for newbies
Charging time: 815ms
Activity time: 99.99% (3rd in uptime)
SSL free: No
PHP version: 7.2
Read why we rate AwardSpace # 3 in our reviews
The best free web hosting services in 2019 that we have reviewed …
|MARKET STALL||FIRST NAME||SUPPORT||ACTIVITY||SPEED||QUALIFICATION|
About our free web hosting opinion process
We break down information about available plans and services, hidden fees, payment methods and more. When we look at a web hosting provider, we start by reading about its terms and conditions to find out if there are hidden and unfair terms that users should know about.
Then, we take a look at the type of support they offer, either by live chat, phone, ticket or email. Once we have a test site in operation, we evaluate the user interface of the host control panel and the activation time.
We see how fast sites are loaded in certain countries and on certain devices. Our reviews also analyze the quality of customer service for each hosting. In fact, we contact each host to see how long they take to respond and if they are kind or helpful.
We also check if the hosting is a …
- Free hosting with cPanel
- Free hosting with WordPress
Based on everything we review, we assign a total rating for each hosting that varies from 0 to 10.
Why uptime and load time are important
Uptime and loading time matter because they affect traffic, which in turn can affect visitor revenue.
You should monitor these two metrics because they indicate the quality of performance of your website. Uptime refers to the total time your website is running smoothly. Downtime refers to the time when your website is offline and not available to visitors and potential customers.
Every time your website does not run, you are losing visitors and money.
At the same time, if you have a slow charge time, your bounce rate will be off the charts. People do not want to wait forever to load web pages. In fact, they will not wait more than 3-4 seconds if they are using a mobile device to navigate, and there will be more page views on the mobile device than on the desktop.
That is why you must ensure that the loading time is fast and that the uptime is high.
Is free hosting an option for you?
With free hosting, you can have your website online at a zero cost . But this sounds too good to be true since free hosting has its pros and cons.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of free hosting?
You will not get unlimited bandwidth or extremely fast loading time with a free one. Nor will you get many support options, for example, there may not be a live chat.
But a free web hosting plan can help you save money , especially if …
- Try before buying : if you want to have an idea of what web hosting is like before buying.
- Try an idea of a website that you are not sure will continue.
- You need to host a small and simple website for a short time (such as for a task).
When the free hosting might not be right for you
Otherwise, you may want to look for a paid and cheap web hosting plan if you need more reliable hosting with better customer service.
Shared web hosting plans can be as low as $ 5 per month, or even lower.
If the success and reliability of your website really matters to you, investing in a paid hosting account will be worth it if you can add the expense to your budget.
But even shared hosting may not be enough if you are going to:
Launch a great e-commerce site
Create a website that runs in a large database
Or, in general, if it depends on your website for the success of your business.
If any of them sounds like your project, you may want to look at a VPS or a dedicated server.
|IF YOUR SITE IS||TO CONSIDER|
|Free hosting||Shared hosting||VPS or dedicated|
|very small (5-20 pages)||✓||✓||✕|
|with many images||✕||✓||✕|
|for selling products / services||✕||✓||✕|
|to register the user||✕||✓||✕|
|with> 5k visits / day||✕||✕||✓|
Why is hosting free?
A hosting provider can not exist if all they offer is free hosting. Servers and support cost money. There are two main ways that the hosting on this page and other free hosting exist.
The first is through the sale of other services .
Like certain video games, you can start for free, but if you want to access all the features and better performance, you must pay.
Some free hosting are very insistent about this, and others simply allow you to update if you wish.
Free hosting with advertising
The other option for hosting providers is to earn money through the advertising they place on your site.
You can not control the ads in any way, except to pay for them to stop showing. This drives away most customers, so this is not very popular in this model.
How is a website hosted in a free hosting?
A free hosting plan works in a similar way to most payment hosting plans. Create an account and start by selecting a domain name.
Almost all free web hosting lets you choose a free custom subdomain (for example, “yourname.domainname.com”). Normally, you do not want to use a subdomain for any kind of professional website , as it seems unprofessional and hard to remember.
Most hosting gives you the option to buy a domain name , either through them or through a third-party domain name registrar.
Create your easy website with a free hosting
To create your website, there are usually 2 main options in the control panel of your account:
- A script installer : a script installer allows you to install software, including popular content management systems (CMS), such as WordPress. If you’re coming from a popular paid hosting, you’ve probably already used the Softaculous script installer. Softaculous offers you simple installations of hundreds of applications and WordPress with a single click. Free hosting usually offers Softaculous or Zacky.
- A site creator : some free hosts include a free drag-and-drop site generator to use. These are good for small websites if you do not want to learn how a CMS works. Simply click on the text of the page and edit it as if it were a text document.
One option that is often included in the control panels is the option to create a free email account. This allows you to send and receive messages with a personalized email address for your domain.
Can I get free hosting with PHP?
The most popular web or CMS applications (such as WordPress) are based on PHP.
Most free hosting users will be particularly interested in how well the free plans are compatible with the popular PHP scripts.
What is PHP?
PHP is a popular open source programming language. With PHP, approximately 25% of all websites are developed.
With PHP, popular CMS such as WordPress, Drupal and Joomla are developed. It is also used on important sites such as Wikipedia and Facebook.
PHP requirements for the most popular applications
To get an idea of the server requirements for some popular PHP applications, let’s look at three of the most common scripts: WordPress, Joomla and Drupal.
- WordPress requires PHP 7 or higher and MySQL 5.6 or higher.
- Joomla requires PHP version 5.3.10 and MySQL version 5.1.
- Drupal requires PHP version 5.2.5 and MySQL version 5.0.15.
In all cases, software developers recommend higher versions of PHP and MySQL, but applications will run as long as these minimum version requirements are met.
What is MySQL?
MySQL is a popular open source database. Websites and mobile applications use databases to store information.
MySQL databases are used in several popular content management systems (CMS) such as WordPress, Drupal and Joomla.
In terms of storage, a typical small website created with any of these applications will require between 50 and 100 MB of disk space before taking multimedia files into account.
Multimedia files and types of streaming media, such as audios and videos , in particular, can rapidly increase this figure dramatically.
Free hosting with PHP: Possible problems
Taking into account the minimum requirements, two problems are immediately evident.
Some free hosting that we look at offer PHP 5 and MySQL 5, however, none reveals the exact version that runs on the server of the free account.
An installation of any of these three applications will have problems, and possibly will not work properly, if the PHP or MySQL version is not updated enough.
Time to load the site with free hosting PHP: Slow as a lazy?
With free hosting, you can expect the page load time for PHP applications to be slow if this is a version lower than 7.0.
If you were planning to host only HTML and CSS static files, it would probably be fine, but a PHP application imposes a much heavier burden on server resources, and free hosting servers are notoriously resourceless.
One host even admitted that the number of accounts hosted on a free shared server was very large.
Keep in mind: if the pages on your site take too long to load, visitors can become impatient and leave your site.
The load times of the page are important; even more for the mobile version of your site.
53% of visitors leave a mobile site if it takes more than 3-4 seconds to load.
Database permissions: on the scarce side
While the disk space included in each plan was adequate for the installation of a typical PHP application, the size of the database allowed was very small .
All the plans allowed only a single MySQL database with a maximum size of between 10 and 20 MB.
That will be enough for a very small blog and website, but websites with a considerable amount of content, as well as certain themes and application complements, will burn quickly through the allowed size of the database.
Content management systems such as Drupal and WordPress store data from your website in a database.
Your database will include data such as :
- Website pages
- Blog posts
- Categories and labels
- Custom Fields
- Shopping cart content
- Publications in discussion forums
Can I customize the php.ini file?
Another limitation in some free hosting that we saw was the impediment of customizing the configuration in the php.ini file.
This is where your free provider begins to sound like Grumpy Cat, with his sharp “No”.
Without the ability to customize the PHP settings , the runtime, the maximum file upload size and other PHP parameters will be set by default in the server configuration, and if that configuration does not work for WordPress or another application , you will not be able to do anything.
Pros and Cons of free web hosting for PHP scripts
Pros of the free hosting
- The most popular CMS will be installed and run in an acceptable manner in any free hosting.
- Free hosting that includes site builders offers a quick way to create a website.
- Free hosting is a good option for temporary sites.
- Some free hosting like 000WebHost offer low cost plans. Once your site starts to grow, it will be easy to expand its features.
Cons of the free hosting
- If the free hosting runs an old version of PHP or MySQL, this will cause compatibility problems with the CMS that you have chosen. Your website may not work correctly.
- Visitors to your website may have a bad experience due to slow loading times but choose the correct hosting.
- When using a free hosting you should upload the images to the minimum, because they can slow down your website.
- Having emails with a free hosting can be annoying, since it is likely that any email being sent is marked as spam.