Top 10 Best Electric Toothbrush of 2018-for Sensitive Teeth
Top 10 Best Electric Toothbrush of 2018-for Sensitive Teeth
Welcome to our Top 10 best electric toothbrush of 2018-for Sensitive Teeth. You may be questioning why it is and why you might need to read it, so without more ado, would like to share our opinions.
The best electric toothbrush is soft on your teeth and gums, easy to move, and actually improves your brushing technique.
But the Question is every electric toothbrush out there immeasurable for sensitive teeth and receding gums? The answer to that us, No
Is Every toothbrush good or best? What toothbrush is good for you? That’s the question you should ask before you buy.
I consulted dentists and research to identify the most effective features available toothbrush for sensitive teeth. The goal of my research was to find the best toothbrush for you
And research to identify the most effective features available — brushing timers and pressure sensors — and then found 15 toothbrushes to test ourselves.
I ended up with ten models that inspire better brushing habits for sensitive teeth and a healthy smile.
If you have sensitive teeth and maybe receding gums, happily, this complete review is the perfect solution you need.
Top 10 Best Sensitive Teeth Electric Toothbrush Comparison Chart
What are sensitive teeth?
You might enjoy a nice cold drink or ice cream on a hot summer day. But if your teeth are sensitive to coldness, coming in contact with these foods and beverages can be a painful experience…? Do you feel discomfort when breathing cold air, brushing, consuming hot, cold, sweet or sour food? Does brushing or flossing make you wince hardly?
If so, you may have sensitive teeth. Sensitive teeth are a common dental problem known as dentine hypersensitivity. Teeth can become sensitive when the finish that includes them starts to consume. The level of sensitivity can vary, meaning you can experience anything from smooth to sharp discomfort.
This is a condition that can develop over time, and most sufferers are between 20 and 50 years old. Sensitive teeth can also be a warning sign of serious dental problems. To be effective to treat those problems, it helps to know what might be behind them. Once you’ve found the cause, you can find a solution. After realizing you have sensitive teeth, you need an electric toothbrush that will get it easy on your teeth and help you improve.
Many people find it challenging to find the right toothbrush that’s perfect for sensitive teeth. In the process of using any toothbrush, some people cause more damage to their already sensitive teeth. The good news is you don’t have to worry about that. You won’t cause any further damage to your teeth after reading this review. You’ll discover the top ten best electric toothbrushes for sensitive teeth.
Philips recently released the DiamondClean Smart, a new iteration of its top-of-the-line toothbrush with all the bells and whistles.
The DiamondClean Smart is best ever toothbrush for complete oral care. Four high-performance brush heads let you focus on all areas of your oral health from fighting against plaque to ensuring you have all day long fresh breath.
DiamondClean Smart Sensor technology gives you personalized feedback on your Android smartphone or iOS device and coaching so you never miss a trouble spot.
The brush removes 10x more plaque and improves gum health 7x more in just 2 weeks when compared to manual toothbrushes.
There’s no growing away from the fact that this electric toothbrush is especially expensive. However, after just a week of using it my teeth, felt super clean.
Thanks to the smart app features, I understood more about oral health. There are five( Clean, White+, Deep Clean+, Tongue Care, and Gum health )modes and three power settings; clean, for everyday cleaning; white, to remove cover stains; deep clean and gum health and the idea being you treat your teeth to some extra attention once in a while.
Once you download and sync the toothbrush to your smartphone it will track your brushing. With the help of a mouth plan, you’ll see anywhere you need to brush more, and you’ll be notified if you’re pressing too hard.
Once you’ve finished the set two minute clean it will show you where to clean more completely. It is very clever stuff, but all a bit useless. After a few days, we started to skip using the app and just let the toothbrush tell us (by vibrating) where to brush.
As well as the great cleaning features of the DiamondClean Sonic Toothbrush includes a travel case and glass charger which is perfect for adding style to your bathroom.
- Excellent performance
- All the features you have come to expect from a luxury item
- Insanely cool charging glass
- The top of the line from Philips
- Includes a healthy number of extras
- Compatible with all Philips brush heads
- Ridiculously expensive
- Subpar value considering price and features
The Oral-B SmartSeries Black 7000 with Bluetooth is the world’s first of it’s kind with Bluetooth connectivity.
I’m a big fan of the Oral-B brand because they make the best oral care products
The Oral-B Pro 7000 is my close-second best and is the next generation of the Pro 5000. An attractive design, comfortable charging lock with digital readouts, and unity with a wide range of Oral-B brush heads make this toothbrush one of the most clever and enough options on the market today.
The Oral-B pro 7000 Bluetooth communication allows the app on your phone to provide helpful feedback on your brushing habits and track your progress over time. It shows you the missed areas. It tells you when you’re brushing too hard, which isn’t good for your sensitive teeth.
Oral-B 7000 Electric Toothbrush has six cleaning modes namely: Daily Clean, Gum Care, Sensitive, Whitening, Deep Clean, and Tongue Cleaner.
Because it has similar features to the 5000 but comes with a much higher price tag, it’s earned our runner-up pick, but bonus brushing modes and convenient accessories will make the Pro 7000 an excellent value-buy for the less budget-conscious consumer.
The professionally inspired design of the CrossAction brush head circles each tooth with bristles angled at 16 degrees and 3D cleaning action oscillates, rotates, and vibrates to break up and remove up to 500% more plaque than a regular manual toothbrush.
The pressure sensor drops up if you brush too hard to prevent dangerous over-brushing and there are 6 modes and a timer to help you brush for a dentist-recommended 2 minutes.
I deeply recommend Oral-B 7000 because it’s been tested and confirmed to be the best toothbrush for sensitive teeth.
- The brush includes a pressure sensor that keeps teeth and gums protected.
- Five different brushing modes (for everything from tongue-brushing to gum-massaging) allow users to customize their hygiene.
- The brush’s bristles help clean between teeth to provide a floss-like feel.
- Its battery holds a charge for up to seven days, and the brush includes a charging dock.
- The Bluetooth-equipped toothbrush connects to users’ smartphones to track brushing times, how much pressure they use, and how thoroughly they brush each section of teeth over time to encourage improvements in brushing habits.
- The timer and timing intervals ensure that your teeth get the attention they need.
- Although cool, the Bluetooth/App function might be unnecessary for most users.
It is named “Combined” because it is an upgrade generation of the FlexCare model and as a former flagship of Sonicare product lines, the Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Connected is one of the first electric toothbrushes offering the brushing APP application of Philips.
There are three cleaning modes (clean, white, gum care, ), as well as low, medium and 3 high-intensity settings, which are described as a choice of ‘nine brushing skills’ by Philips.
Its Deep Clean mode has you brush for 3 minutes to help fix problem spots. The other 2 modes are called Daily and White, and each is available in low, medium and high settings.
The White mode allows for an extra 40 seconds behind the control 2 minutes which lets you focus on spots on the visible front teeth.
Philips also says that this sonic toothbrush is able to remove more than 7 times more plaque from in between teeth than the manual type.
Again, the FlexCare Platinum Connected is a brush that cleans teeth well, the head humming along at 31,000 strokes per minute.
One of the other principal features of the Sonicare Flexcare Platinum is the ‘Built-in pressure sensor’,
When you combined the Sonicare App, the sensors in the brush handle will send your brushing data to your smartphone via Bluetooth, giving the real-time data from changes sensors which identifying the brushing area, cleaning, and pressure. The App also provides the personalized brushing coaching and brush head performance monitor (to remind you to follow the brush head based on your brushing data record.
The sonic performance challenges to excite blood flow to improve gum health and it certainly feels like it works because you’ll keep running your tongue over your smooth teeth after every brushing.
This toothbrush removes stains from your teeth with ease whether you’re battling with sensitiveness or not. It gives you the best clean you need to eradicate sensitivity in your teeth.
So, it’s all good really. In daily use, you’ll find that your teeth with feel very smooth and clean.
- 3 brushing modes together with 3 intensities setting make 9 different combinations
- Considering accessory suit including 3 different type of brush heads and an extra UV sanitizer
- Offers nine cleaning modes for varieties of users
- AdaptiveClean brush head offers a comfortable brushing session
- Clears tooth stains via the white settings
- Deep clean setting to take complete care of the gum
- Built-in timer to remind you when you should move to a different quadrant of the mouth
- Comparatively expensive
- Takes a lot of time recharge
Oral-B Genius 8000 is an automatic brushing system that helps you brush like your dentist recommends.
This is an upgrade on the Oral-B 7000 Electric Toothbrush. Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 Electric Toothbrush is a premium toothbrush that’s made for anyone with sensitive teeth.
Therefore, let’s start at the origin. with the actual brushing of the toothbrush.
The Oral-B Genius 8000 electric rechargeable toothbrush is fit with the following replacement toothbrush heads: Cross Action, 3D White, Sensi Ultrathin, Sensitive Clean, Precision Clean, Floss Action, Tri-Zone, Dual Clean, Power Tip, Ortho Care.
The unique position detection technology helps you to brush all areas of your mouth while Oral-B’s unique round head does all the rest.
You can pair the toothbrush with your smartphone to use its personal Detection feature which uses facial recognition to tell you where you’ve brushed on your teeth.
Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 Electric Toothbrush has 6 brushing modes, namely: Daily Clean, Gum Care, sensitive modes, Whitening, Tongue Cleaning and pro-Clean Mode.
You can choose any mode based on your needs.
It removes up to 100% more plaque compared to a regular manual toothbrush for healthier gums and makes your smile whiter starting from the first day of brushing by removing surface stains.
No subject the level of the sensitiveness, this is a toothbrush you can rely on in to give you the best deep clean that will improve your oral health.
Not only this, but the toothbrush helps you protect your dangerous gums with the restrictive SmartRing and pressure control technology that decreases brushing speed and alerts you to be gentler if you brush too hard.
The toothbrush also comes with a smart travel case. You can put its case when you’re traveling.
- A pressure sensor to prevent from over or under brushing teeth and gums
- 6 different modes for a more tailored brushing experience
- SmartRing provides greater awareness of brushing technique
- Good battery life, allowing for days to pass between charging
- Useful accessories along with the toothbrush
- A helpful app that ensures proper brushing techniques
- Better suited to dedicated, tech-savvy individuals due to all the features
- Incredibly expensive, especially when compared to other brands
The Professional 5000 is one of world popular Oral B products in the common price range. It is clearly one of the most popular non-sonic toothbrushes in the world because it doesn’t cost as much as the top end products, but still offers quite advanced features and it’s great for sensitive teeth too.
This toothbrush does a heck of a lot longer than just drone your teeth clean. It features a pressure sensor that keeps you from brushing too hard and causing gum damage.
The 3D cleaning action rotates all over to remove plate for a floss-like clean (though you definitely should still floss).
It can also connect via Bluetooth to the Oral-B app to provide feedback on your brushing habits so you can improve your technique.
You won’t be frustrated by the experience you’ll get from these modes(Daily Clean, Deep Clean, Sensitive, Massage and Polish). Patented OralB’s pulsating/oscillating brushing technology with more than 40000 pulsating movements per minute.
Besides time, you’ll start to feel less sensitivity in your teeth.
- Comfortable fit and handle which allows the user to easily use and maneuver the brush
- Offers several modes which make it perfect for those with varying oral health
- Must a timer to ensure that the optimal amount of time is spent brushing your teeth
- Must feedback regarding pressure used
- Cheaper when related to newer Oral-B models, has similar features
- More expensive than similar models of other brands
Colgate’s newest electric toothbrush isn’t like your regular electric toothbrush.
The Colgate Pro A1500 Rechargeable electric toothbrush uses superior cleaning technology to remove plaque in several ways for healthful results.
Oh sure, it can take various heads, designed to catch different sensitivities of teeth, and it still uses an accelerated up-down motion from an electric motor to drive everything, working at a rate of up to 32,500 strokes per minute, but there’s more to it than that.
The toothbrush also features smart sensors that automatically change the speed and direction of the brush strokes so you get excellent cleaning and care for your teeth and gums.
The A1500 provides deep interdental cleaning and polishes teeth to remove stains. What’s more, the A1500 features a 2-minute timer and 30-second pacer so you can keep in check with your cleaning routine.
The toothbrush also features extra brushing modes. As well as the sensitive side-to-side strokes for teeth, the toothbrush has a mid-speed mode for massaging strokes for the gum line and fast up-down strokes for molars.
For beginners, this toothbrush has sensors to change the motion based on the position you’re holding the toothbrush, which consequently affects what teeth you’re brushing.
Three modes are built into the unit for brushing.
The Colgate Pro A1500 comes with its very own travel case.
- Greatly lightweight and balanced. I like the shape of the Pro A1500. It is sleek, slim and feather light.
- The toothbrush head is a similar shape to a non-electric toothbrush, but smaller in size, which I really like. It also has an angled neck making it easier to reach the back teeth surfaces.
- The bristles are a mix of tapered outer bristles, inner bristles, and spiral bristles. The tapered and fine bristles tickle on the first use.
- It comes with enough battery power to clean your teeth as soon as you get home, this is a nice touch. You then plug-in the toothbrush for 16 hours to completely charge the battery.
- It doesn’t work like a standard electric toothbrush. You have to re-learn how to clean your teeth. But, when you master the angles and speeds you will clean your teeth more effectively than before.
- It is noisy. Super-sonic noisy. Not at all relaxing. This is my biggest complaint but I’m sure they will overcome this as they refine the product.
- If you are tired and not thinking about how you are holding the toothbrush it is easy to miss areas of plaque./li>
I think the Oral-B Pro 3 3000 drives a good balance among the budget range and more expensive electric toothbrushes. The travel case and corrected battery life of 1 weeks mean the Oral-B Pro 3 3000 represents good value for money.
The Oral-B Pro 3000 comes ram packed with features for a cheap mid-range electric toothbrush
Ensure a thorough safe clean using visual pressure indicators which will light up to alert you. If you are brushing too hard, preventing tooth damage.
It has a take 2-minute timer which is an on handle timer that “hums” every 30 seconds to indicate when you should be improving areas of your mouth. When you have brushed for 2 minutes, it will double “buzz”. This lets you know when you have brushed for the dentist recommended 2 minutes.
Oral-B 3D movement cleaning system oscillates, rotates and pulsates to break up and remove more plaque than a regular manual toothbrush
Oral-b 3D rechargeable with 3 premium features plus Daily clean: Gum Care, Sensitive, Whitening and Daily clean
when you brush too hard with pressure sensor alert.
- 3 cleaning modes – Giving more than the standard ‘Daily Clean’ which is what the vast bulk of users need and really use, the Pro 3000 is the first brush in the Pro series to offer up the ‘Sensitive’ cleaning mode that many dentists recommend. It does too offer ‘Gum Care’ mode which means this brush is suitable for those who have slightly more advanced oral health care needs and where a standard daily clean may not always be appropriate.
- A slim profile – The Pro 3000 is easy to use a brush that fits comfortably in the hand irrespective of your age and movement in your fingers. Well designed shapes and rubber grip stop the brush from sliding when open.
- Timed Clean – An clear warning when to change quadrant and when the 2-minute cycle is complete.
- Pressure sensor – A rear fixed pressure sensor lights red should too much force and pressure be applied to the teeth. Working as a visual sign you are clearly made aware to reduce the pressure and chances of doing harm to the teeth.
- Battery Status – No indication of how much power is in the brush, unless the battery is near to being depleted.
- Timer – There is no physical timer or illumination to tell you to change quadrant or that the clean is complete
On the outside, you can’t help but question if it’s worth using this kind of money on a toothbrush when there are so many great options to choose from. When it comes to the Oral-B Genius 9000, the answer is yes – it is!
The toothbrush itself is impressive to look at, with a predominantly white color design and plenty of lights to brighten things up.
The head of the Oral-B replacement brush display a professionally-inspired modern and functional design that entirely covers each tooth. The powerful movement of 3D cleaning action helps the brush head change to your teeth as it rotates, vibrates and reels to break up and eliminate up to 100% more dirt and stains than a normal manual toothbrush.
Becoming an electric toothbrush is one thing, using it to maximum effect is something different. The Oral-B Genius 9000 aims to solve that problem, with on-brush feedback to let you know when you’re applying too much pressure and an app that gives tips on how to use your toothbrush properly.
With a USB travel case, multiple brushes in the box and several cleaning modes, the Oral-B Genius 9000 is a top toothbrush for those who want the best rotating model.
- Oral-B 3D action cleaning system (Oscillating-Rotating-Pulsating)
- Three pressure sensor technology
- Clinically proven to remove up to 100% more plaque
- Excellent lithium battery for extended life
- Six cleaning modes (Daily Care, Sensitive, Gum Care, Tongue Cleaning, Pro-Clean, Whitening)
- Obvious alert when applying too much pressure
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Intense Pro-Clean mode for an additional 3,000 brush movements per minute
- Gorgeous case included with additional USB socket
- Great brushing performance
- Effective selection of brush heads
- Position detection – Clever concept for real-time tracking
- Pressure sensor – Be alerted when brushing too hard
- Sturdy. Great construction
- Battery indicator light
- Excellent cleaning
- The brush head is a bit larger than brush heads on some other models
- Questionable battery quality
- Price – Expensive brush
- Position detection – Requires habit change to use
- Head-tracking isn’t consistently accurate
Fairy will FW-917 is a good friend to clean your teeth. 40000 strokes/min, take off more stains and plaque on your teeth.
Move to a deep area and remove bacteria that cause gums problem. Protect your oral health.
THERE IS 3 OPTIONAL MODES-CLEAN, SOFT, MASSAGE. Meet different purposes and decisions.
No problem sensitive teeth or bleeding gums, you can find one mode that’s suitable for. 2 replacement heads.
30 DAYS LONG BATTERY LIFE. 4 hours charging time supports at least 30 days’ using (twice a day). Charged by DC cable (adapter not included). Free from frequency charging.
- Slim and lightweight
- Up to a month’s battery life
- Box contents is good
- Feels a little cheap
- As an new and unknown brand reliability and support concerns
The Philips Sonicare DiamondClean 3rd Generation is an elegant and stylish electric toothbrush.
It connects the effective clean you would expect from a Sonicare with a design so pretty you could hang it in an art museum.
That has a unique charging station and travel case. The features are disappointing on such a high priced electric toothbrush especially the lack of a visible pressure sensor. This electric toothbrush is the embodiment of the saying “style over substance”.
Here are the brushing modes presented in the order that you cycle through them.
1. Clean –
The standard model and is equal to the brushing mode found on all Sonicare models competent of brushing at 31,000 brush strokes/minute.
Lasts two-minute duration and automatically switches off. I would recommend this mode for the large majority of people to use on a regular basis.
2. White –
This is a specialist mode for the one-off events when you want your teeth to look tip-top.
Alternates between the standard and pulsing vibrations. 2 minutes and 30 seconds duration.
Over-brushing, teeth can start to toothbrush abrasion and gum recession.
3. Polish –
A higher powered clean designed to remove stubborn plaque build up on the front of teeth. 1-minute duration.
4. Gum Care –
A specialist mode which lasts for 3 minutes
2 minutes of standard cleaning then 1 minute of slightly weaker vibration to massage gums for a total of 3 minutes.
This cleaning mode is a waste of time
5. Sensitive –
A gentle yet powerful clean for those of you with sensitive teeth or gums. 2-minute duration.
Using the DiamondClean on before you put the brush head in your mouth will see toothpaste splatter everywhere. This means that you have to cycle through the modes.
By looking at the light up display which can be a little uncomfortable.
This problem is reduced by the fact that the DiamondClean remembers your preferred brushing method each time you return to brush your teeth.
All our inspectors allowed that out of all the modes, only two were useful
Clean (standard) and Sensitive.
One of our testers who identified as having overly sensitive teeth stated that she could not brush on any other setting without feeling intense spikes of pain.
Another tester told that the standard clean worked just as well as the polish mode and inquired why that brushing mode still was.
All testers (besides the one with sensitive teeth) preferred brushing on the standard clean mode.
There are times if you want to give your teeth a “deep clean”. I am thinking about when you get back from a long trip flight. On these occasions, you may want to put the Philips Sonicare DiamondClean into the deep clean mode. This is effectively a standard clean mode that lasts for 3 minutes.
It has built-in pressure and cleaning sensors, and it comes with an automatic app for personalized coaching and tracking.
It’s the highest electric toothbrush we tested, and its Deep Clean+ mode may feel too intense, especially if you have sensitive teeth.